Trustees have extensive powers over how a church or Christian charity operates. But with power comes responsibility and expectations. This paper - which forms part of a series on trustees - looks at the appointment, powers, duties and responsibilities of trustees, drawing heavily on the Charity Governance code and Charity Commission CC3 - the essential trustee.
- The appointment and length of appointment of trustees;
- The legal definition of a trustee;
- Trustees and collective decision making;
- The Charity Governance Code;
- CC3 - The Essential Trustee - guidance issued by the Charity Commission - with a church slant;
- The seven duties of trustees as set out by the Charity Commission in its guidance CC3, 'The Essential Trustee'.