Church treasurers are not easy to find and losing one could be considered to be bordering on the careless! But if you find yourself in that position: don't panic. This paper explains the role of a church treasurer and what you can do, via delegation and outsourcing, to fill the void.
- What to do if your church treasurer leaves;
- How to manage church finances as a team;
- Creating the right environment for church finance to flourish;
- What does a church treasurer do?
- How should churches handle and account for income?
- What makes up a typical payment cycle for a church?
- How to record financial transactions in churches;
- Why the church bank reconciliation is a vital financial control;
- Churches and payroll, pension and employee benefits;
- Churches and Gift Aid;
- Financial budgeting and reporting in churches;
- Churches and insurance.