The need for churches and Christian charities to have skilled, motivated and dynamic trustees has never been greater. This paper - part of a series on trustees - examines what to look for in a trustee in an age of growing professionalism. It considers heart and character as well as eligibility and skills.
- Why are great trustees important to churches and charities?
- What is expected of trustees in an age of growing professionalism?
- What are the eligibility criteria for new trustees?
- Why is heart for the church or charity and its vision important for new trustees?
- What character traits are important for trustees?
- What skills to look for in a trustee?
- Is finding new trustees an impossible task?