The making of grants by churches and Christian charities to other people and organisations able to help the donor church or charity fulfil its charitable purpose is a rich and prized tradition. Without a suitable policy in place, it can also be source of contention with some organisations seemingly being favoured over others. This policy, and the associated guidelines, provide the basis of a grant making policy that churches and charities can tailor to meet their own situation as well as the more practical issue of beneficiary ‘due diligence’.
Topics included –
- What are the priorities for your church or charity when it comes to making grants?
- What principles will your church or charity apply when deciding which organisations to partner with?
- What level of ‘due diligence’ is required before making a grant?
- How frequently should ‘due diligence’ be updated?
- How should grants be administered?