What's the difference between a spiritual leader and a trustee? Do churches need both forms of leadership in order to have a clear sense of spiritual direction and principles?
This paper aims to address both of these questions in detail and provide guidance on how a church's strong leadership ethos can be incorporated into its legal governing documents.
- Spiritual leaders and trustees: are they the same?
- Leadership: setting the sense of direction
- Trustees: do they have an important role in ‘church’?
- The spiritual leaders as the trustees?
- The trustees as a separate group?
- Strategy: trustees and spiritual leaders
- Financial decisions: the interaction of trustees and spiritual leaders
- Handling differences and relationships
- The things to remember once difficulties do arise
- Selection of trustees
- What options are there?