Tax relief under the Gift Aid Scheme is generally available for donations paid in a tax year. However, there are circumstances in which a donation can be treated as if it was made in a previous tax year. This paper explains when this provision is available and who may benefit from it.
- What is Gift Aid carry back?
- Who might benefit from Gift aid carry back?
- Under what scenarios might Gift Aid carry back be useful?
- What should I think about if I want to make use of the Gift Aid carry back scheme?
- A worked example of how the Gift Aid carry back scheme works;
- How to make a claim to carry back