For many churches, planning and financial budgeting is a way of life; for other churches it can be seen simply as a ‘business tool’ with no place in church whatsoever. This paper addresses common questions about budgets, including:
- Is planning and financial budgeting biblical?
- Is budgeting a good thing for the church?
- Is it OK for churches to run a deficit budget?
- Does the Charity Commission expect churches to make use of budgets?
- Who is responsible for the budget?
- Is there a particular format for a church budget?
- How do we create a budget?