For many churches, financial planning and budgeting is a way of life. For others it is a 'business tool' with no place in church life. This paper addresses ten common questions about church budgeting, from the Biblical principles underpinning it to the best way to create a church budget.
- Is financial planning and budgeting in churches Biblical?
- Does a church budget remove our reliance on God?
- Is financial planning and budgeting a good thing for a church?
- Is it OK for a church to run a deficit operating budget?
- Should churches run a seperate budget for large projects or initiatives?
- Does the Charity Comission expect churches to operate a budget?
- Is the budget the sole responsibility of the church treasurer?
- Is creating a budget a purely accounting exercise?
- Is there a set format for church budgets?
- Once a budget is completed, is that it?