Are you a church or charity considering payment of your trustees? This briefing paper is designed to address those common questions that can arise.
Our charity consultants provide an overview for each of the following topics:
- Can trustees be paid?
- Can a trustee be self-employed?
- Can a trustee be employed?
- When do we need to have specific clauses in the deed?
- What about spouses of paid staff as trustees?
- Is it alright to have one family group heavily represented on the board?
- What rate of pay is right for trustees?
- I am a pastor. I don’t receive a salary, but do get expenses paid for. Is this OK if I am also a trustee?