Almost all churches will keep financial records using a spreadsheet or an accounting package designed for the task, but how do you know what is right for your church? This paper looks at the merits of spreadsheets vs. accounting packages - including cloud-based vs. server or desktop-based - and examines some of the more widely-used accounting packages.
- The importance of system set-up and of training;
- The pros and cons of using spreadsheets;
- Understanding ready-made accounting packages;
- Charity accounting package vs. commercial accounting package;
- Cloud-based vs. server or desktop-based packages;
- A look at some commonly-used accounting packages;
- A few pointers when it comes to pricing.
Quarterly emails for trustees, treasurers and Church and Charity Leaders. Practical tools, technical resources and expert guidance to safeguard your mission and ministry.