Community House Damaris (CHD) is a Christian ministry based in Athens, Greece ministering to sexually exploited and trafficked women and their children.
The main functions of CHD are to –
- Provide hospitality in two safe houses,
- Offer a long-term Recovery Day Program, and
- Create an atmosphere that facilitates long-term restoration.
Our program is designed to guide survivors into full rehabilitation and reintegration into society by addressing the following needs –
- Mental Health (addressing trauma, addiction and other psychological issues),
- Personal Development (teaching life skills, developing personal goals, and parenthood),
- Addressing also Poverty, Health, Social Services.
CHD works with a diverse array of women from various cultural backgrounds with an emphasis on pregnant or single mothers. CHD services are tailored to, but are not exclusive to, women who are considered of refugee status, internally displaced, or stateless and have experienced violence.
Find a fundraiser
Create your account and activate your generosity.