In order to receive funds from Stewardship it is important that we first establish your eligibility as a recipient.
This starts with an application form, which is then assessed by an experienced member of our giving services team.
Once accepted, we may still ask for additional information, from time to time, in order to ensure that you remain eligible to receive funds.
some notes on eligibility
Before completing an application form, please familiarise yourself with the relevant section below.
The gifts from your supporters are charitable gifts to Stewardship.
The payments to you are charitable grants made by us for your work. We therefore have a responsibility to ensure that our payments to you are a proper use of our charitable funds. This means that we may make appropriate checks from time to time and particularly before you first receive any funds from us.
For individuals undertaking Christian worker projects and/or bible college training:
- Ministry project and income assessment:
Questions relating to the projects your are working on (or your training if you are a bible college student), how your time is spent on a weekly basis and the income you receive are necessary, so that we can assess whether or not making grants for your work will represent a charitable application of our funds. It may be necessary for us to ask supplementary questions for the same reason.
- UK Nationals:
Stewardship requires your National Insurance number and written confirmation from the church or organisation you work with, that you are in full, or substantially full time Christian work.
- Non-UK Nationals:
- Working with a UK-based church or Christian organisation: it will be necessary for the UK-based church/organisation to provide a letter on its official note paper confirming that you are in full, or substantially full time Christian work with it. If you do not hold a UK bank account, please contact us for a separate form which you can use to provide us with non-UK bank account details.
- Based outside the UK and not attached to a UK-based church or Christian organisation: we regret that we cannot register you with us in these circumstances.
Part of our assessment is to discuss your situation and work with the church or organisation with which you are working.
The gifts from your supporters are charitable gifts to Stewardship. We therefore have a responsibility to ensure that the gifts to you are a proper use of our charitable funds. This means that we make appropriate checks from time to time and particularly before you first receive any funds from us.
As an essential part of the application process for non-UK organisations, we require:
- an English translation of your organisation’s founding/governing/constituting document, together with a copy of the original document;
- a copy of your Government’s confirmation of your organisation’s NGO/charitable status (Registration document or certificate);
- a copy of the most recent set of audited accounts for your organisation;
- full bank account details, including Swift/BIC Code, together with an original, pre-printed item of bank stationery;
- a reference from a UK-based charity/organisation, which greatly assists you with your application;
- (for Indian charities) a copy of your organisation’s FCR certificate.
For further information and to obtain an application form to register with us please complete our online enquiry form.